Tagliatelle with walnut sauce is a very special dish: the unmistakable, intense aroma appeals to everyone. It is a very easy dish to prepare, quite common in Liguria and Emilia Romagna, with a few variations in Campania. Bear in mind that walnuts are very energetic so do not exaggerate otherwise the dish will result unbalanced. We will give you the basic recipe, tasty and simple: you can enrich it with a personal touch.
DIFFICULTY : LOW
TIME REQUIRED: 30 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR 4
400 grams tagliatelle
200 grams walnuts
Minced parsley ( about 20 grams)
50 grams butter
200 ml extra virgin olive oil
30 grams grated grana padano
100 ml cream
The first thing to bear in mind when preparing this dish is the importance of good quality walnuts: if Italian, the best are from Liguria or from Naples.
- Finely chop the walnuts, place them in a frying pan and toast for a couple of minutes. When they reach a brown coloring, turn off the heat and let them rest.
- Put the walnuts, butter, garlic and parsley in the mixer and obtain a cream.(if too dense add milk).
- Add olive oil and mix again.
- Put the cream in a bowl and add cream, grated grana padano, salt and pepper. Mix carefully until you obtain a well blended cream.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the tagliatelle. Drain when al dente.
- Add the tagliatelle to the cream and heat again for a few minutes.
- Serve with a dash of grated parmigiano and olive oil.
Serve this delicious dish with a red wine: Gutturnio Superiore Podere Casale